BENEFITS OF HERBAL TEA
Herbal tea is a simple way of consuming medicinal herbs, people who regularly drink tea are thought to live longer healthier lives.
Benefits of herbal teas include:
- Improved digestion – dandelion, chamomile, peppermint, fennel, liquorice and ginger teas may help reduce indigestion, bloating, nausea and stomach pain. Best drunk after a meal.
- Support the immune system – the antioxidants in teas such as elderberry, echinacea, ginger and liquorice help protect against oxidative stress and infections. These herbs can be drunk through the winter months to reduce colds and flu.
- Reduced stress and anxiety – herbal teas such as chamomile, passionflower, lemon balm, lavender and valerian are perfect for winding down at the end of the day. Brew a pot and enjoy in bed for a better nights sleep!
- Reduce inflammation – Turmeric and ginger tea may help relieve muscle, joint and period pain. Regularly enjoy a turmeric latte to enjoy its many health benefits. Fresh ginger can be steeped in hot water and served with honey and lemon, fresh turmeric can also be added.
- Fighting colds – YEP tea – yarrow, elderflower and peppermint tea. This combination is traditionally used for treating common cold symptoms. When you are feeling unwell try drinking 3 cups a day.
- Although green tea is not a herbal tea, its consumption is linked to many health benefits, including a reduction in chronic health conditions.
To brew your herbal tea – try buying loose leaf organic herbal teas or teabags. Use 1-2 teaspoons of tea and brew for 5-15mins, depending on how strong you like your tea