Hi there! This website, www.anniebarrettnaturopath.com.au, is owned and operated by Ann-Louise Barrett T/A Annie Barrett Naturopath Pty Ltd (ABN 76 816 679 545). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
Shop B/78-80 Bulcock St, Caloundra, QLD, 4551
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name, email address, mobile or phone number and home address when you opt into my email newsletter or when you make an appointment via my website
INTERESTS & PREFERENCES
- your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you
- information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my workshops, webinars or promotional events
- with your consent, I may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help me improve the usability and appeal of my website
Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- when you contact me via my contact form or email
- when you book an appointment with me, either on-line, over the phone or by email
- when you fill in an opt-in form for my mailing list
- when you subscribe to my newsletter
- when you sign up for a seminar/webinar/event in person or on-line
I use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide (specific) services to you at your request
- provide you with relevant news and updates about my services
- improve this website and the products and services I provide
- help other people understand my services better
- provide news about my developments in my area of work
- provide more relevant information
I will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information
- if I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if I am legally required to collect it
- for necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- if I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- when you fill-in my intake form online via my booking software (Acuity) or via email
- during an face to face, online or telephone consultation
- when you send me information in an email
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- date of birth, gender, medical history (including any diagnosed medical conditions and current complaints), family history, know allergies or intolerance, current medications and supplements, address, occupation, number of children, marital status, if you are pregnant or breast feeding, details on treatments/services provided by other health professionals. This allows me to safely prescribe your natural medicines.
- Information about your diet and lifestyle (including emotional health), including any dietary allergies or intolerances, special diets, habits, likes and dislikes. This allows me to formulated a suitable and achievable treatment plan.
- results of any physical examinations I might perform, such as blood pressure, pulse, heart rate, temperature, nail, tongue and iris signs, and any anthropometric measurements taken. This allows me a further understanding of your health status and allow me to formulated a more individualised treatment plan.
- other information I may ask for includes, emergency contact details, name and contact details of other health professionals you see
HOW IT IS STORED
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Your sensitive information may be stored:
- in a locked filing cabinet
- on a password protected computer, in an encrypted, encryption key protected, file and external hard drive backups
WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT
- only I have access to sensitive material.
- Information you share via email or text message may be stored on my mobile phone, which has a security code. With your consent during the consultation, I may take photographs of your test results or of you, in order to track treatment progress. These images are temporarily stored on my mobile phone, but will be moved to your encrypted file within 24hrs of the consultation and deleted from the phone. Prior to an online consultation you may be asked to take photos of yourself and email or text them to me, these are to aid my physical examinations. Within 24hrs the photos will be moved to your encrypted file, and deleted from my phone. Photos taken or received on my phone are not uploaded to the cloud.
- If I prescribe a product not in my dispensary I may place an order for you directly with a supply company, who will send the products directly to you or to myself. To do this these companies will store your name, home address, email address, telephone number, and any know allergies or medical conditions. Please refer to their privacy policies for more information
- Natural Script
COLLECTION FROM MINORS
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:
- in the presence of their parents or guardian, with their full consent
- if they subscribe to my newsletter
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years after your last consultation.
I am subject to the following regulations regarding the collection of personal information:
- I owe you a professional duty of confidentiality. I take this responsibility very seriously and will always strive to promote your best interests. As a naturopath I adhere to the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland). You can find a copy of the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland) here.
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However,
- if you choose not to be completely honest with me I may not be able to provide you with the services that you request. To safely prescribe I must be informed of any diagnosed medical conditions, current medications and/or supplements, and any known allergies or intolerance, so that I can check for any interactions and contraindications.
- to ensure trust in our therapeutic relationship it is important for me to correctly identify my clients by collecting their name and address.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information will only be shared with your consent. Reasons why I may disclose your personal information include:
- I may share your personal information with other health care professionals (GP, counsellor, psychologist, physiotherapist, osteopath) when their input to your health care is required, such as when your needs are outside my scope of practice, if their expertise will further improve your health care, or when referring for further investigations.
- I may seek advice from another naturopath to further improve your treatment plan. To ensure confidentiality all information will be de-identified.
- on occasions there may be a need to post you your supplements (such as if I am out of stock, or I have seen you via an on-line consultation). In this circumstance your contact details will be shared with Australia Post.
- if I prescribe a product not in my dispensary I may place an order for you directly with a supply company, who will send the products directly to you. In this instance I will need to provide them with your name, home address, email address, telephone number, and any allergies or diagnosed medical conditions. Please refer to their privacy policies for more information
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I am committed to the security of the data and information of my clients. I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing digital files securely
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of my systems.
THIRD PARTY STORAGE
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
The user has the choice to disable cookies, however, this will reduce the functionality of the Website.
- To collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour when you visit the Annie Barrett Naturopath Website. Information collected includes pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around my Website.
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to me at email@example.com and I will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- the health ombudsman in your state or territory.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.