Website Terms & Conditions
Hi there! This website, www.anniebarrettnaturopath.com.au, is owned and operated by Ann-Louise Barrett T/A Annie Barrett Naturopath Pty Ltd (ACN 637 969 585). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
Shop B/78-80 Bulcock St, Caloundra, Queensland, 4551
This document sets out the Terms and Conditions you need to be aware of when using this website. Please take a moment to read them, as they set out your important rights and obligations, and I care about making sure we both know where we stand. When you visit this website, use my services or purchase my products you agree that you are over the age of 18 and willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t accept this agreement, you should not continue to visit this website or purchase from me.
All products and services advertised on this website are offered in compliance with Australian Consumer Law.
On this website you will find blog posts, recipes, articles and tips on health and wellbeing. This information is provided solely for education and general advice.
My RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- I take lots of care to provide valuable and well researched information but I cannot be responsible for the use that you make of that information.
- Please be aware that the generalised health information I provide is not a substitute for specialist advice tailored to your individual circumstances. I take no responsibility for any harm that may occur to you when following the advice provided on this website.
- There is no professional relationship formed between us unless you explicitly choose to work with me by purchasing my services or products.
- Any testimonials and promised results I may display on this website are based on my experience and those of my previous clients. They are not guarantees that anyone else will achieve the same results, as everyone responds differently to naturopathic treatments.
- I may modify the information provided on this website at any time, including altering or deleting it without notice.
- Please be aware that you are responsible for your own health, safety and well-being, and should use your common sense when making decision that impact your health, safety and well-being.
- Please be advised that the information I provide on this website, in the form of blog posts, recipes, articles and tips on health and well-being, is provided solely for education and generalised advice.
- Please be advised that the generalised health information provided on this website is not a substitute for medical advice, and should not be viewed as such. Always seek professional medical advice for any health concerns and questions you may have.
- Please be advised that there are some health risks that may occur on the rare occasion with the use of Naturopathic Medicine.
- Always seek professional advice before making changes to your diet and lifestyle and before taking any herbal or nutritional supplement.
I do not take responsibility for viruses or any other damage which might occur as a result of downloading material for my website – www.anniebarrettnaturopath.com.au. The downloading of any information is done at your own risk.
This website may share external links from time to time. I, Ann-Louise Barrett T/A Annie Barrett Naturopath Pty Ltd, do not take any responsibility for the content of any external sites that may be linked.
This disclaimer relates to my naturopathic consultations and treatment plans.
A naturopathic consultation involves taking a thorough case history, performing physical examinations and potentially referring for further investigations, such as pathology testing. Collecting a case history involves questioning around your medical history, including any diagnosed medical conditions, family history, allergies and intolerances, medication and supplement history and questioning around your current health complaint/s. A systems review will be performed. This involves questioning around the functioning of your different body systems (nervous, digestive, respiratory, immune, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, reproductive, dermatological, genitourinary). A diet and lifestyle history will also be collected. Lifestyle history includes, your sleeping habits, smoking, alcohol and recreational drug use, exercise, work and stress levels, as these may impact on your health. Physical examinations may be performed, including an examination of your nails, tongue, skin, hair and iris (iridology), and testing of your blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiratory rate, and also weight, height, waist and hip measurements.
The information collected is used to provide you with an individualised treatment plan, which may include herbal and nutritional supplements and diet and lifestyle advise. The aim of a naturopathic consultations is to support and stimulates the body’s own healing mechanisms aiming to provide you with a healthy mind, body, spirit and environment. It is important to understand that a natural approach to heath care can take time to work, that it may take weeks to months, even years, to reach optimal health. It is also important to understand that it may take hard work and commitment to make the changes you need to achieve your health goals. Although your health is your responsibility, I am here to help guide you towards your goals.
- I hold a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) from the Southern School of Natural Therapies (SSNT). This is a four year degree that provides the highest level of naturopathic training available in Australia. I am also registered as a full member with Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) and Naturopaths & Herbalist Association of Australia (NHAA). As part of my registration I must participate in at lease 20 hours of continual professional development (CPD) each year.
- At times your health needs will be out of my scope of practice. In this instance a referral to a suitable health practitioner will be provided.
- If I need further understanding of your health condition I will research and educate myself in regards to you condition and the best way to support you. This may require me to seek advice from another naturopath acting as my mentor. In this circumstance your privacy will be ensured
- My clients must understand that I am not a medical practitioner, that I do not diagnosed or cure medical conditions, but may help manage them.
- I do not guarantee that I am able to provide the same results for each client with a similar condition, as naturopathic medicine works on each individual differently.
- It is important that you provide me with as much detail as possible about your illness and symptoms and any responses that you have to any advice or prescriptions given to you, so that I formulate the most suitable treatment plan.
- It is important that you tell me about any known allergies or intolerances you have to medicines, foods, drinks, herb, nutrients, supplements, so that I can safely prescribe for you.
- It is important that you tell me about any medications, supplements and/or recreational drugs that you are taking so that I can check for any potential interactions, allowing me to safely prescribe for you.
- It is important that you tell me about any diagnosed medical conditions you have. Some herbal and nutritional medications and diet and lifestyle advice may be contraindicated in certain medical conditions.
- I need to know if you are pregnant, breast feeding or trying to get pregnant so that I can safely prescribe for you.
- For your own safety I need to know if there are any changes to your circumstances while I am treating you, such as any new medications or supplements, changes to your current medications or supplements, any new medical diagnoses or if you fall pregnant, so that your treatment can be changed if required.
- If after the consultation you realise that you have left out some important information, please notify me by email or phone.
- It is important to follow all dosage instructions given to you, verbally or written, in regards to your herbal and nutritional supplements. Dosages are individual to each client based on their current health status. Increasing dosages may put your health at risk due to increased risk of side effects and toxicity. Reducing dosages may result in the treatments being less effective.
- All herbal and nutritional supplements provided are for you alone and are not to be shared with others, as this may put their health at risk.
- You must inform your other health practitioners that you are seeing a naturopath and advise them of any herbal or nutritional supplements you are taking to ensure that they can safely treat you.
- Side effects may occur while taking natural medicines. It is the clients responsibility to notify me immediately if they experience any side effects or reactions to anything I prescribe, including liquid herbal medicines, herbal supplements or nutritional supplements. If you experience life threatening symptoms, such as anaphylaxis, you must call 000 immediately. Potential side effects include, digestive disturbances, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence, heartburn, headache, fatigue, dizziness, allergic reactions, itching, hives, rashes, dermatitis, skin and eye irritations, tingling sensation of the tongue, shortness of breath, insomnia, agitation, palpitations, hypertension, nose bleeds, increased risk of sunburn. There have been rare cases of liver and kidney damage caused by natural remedies. Please notify me via phone or email.
- Please notify me if there is any worsening of your current symptoms via phone or email.
- At times your health needs will be out of my scope of practice. In this instance a referral to a suitable health practitioner will be provided.
- Please do not share your herbal or nutritional supplements and diet and lifestyle advice with others. Naturopathic treatment plans are individualised to each person. What works for you may not be suitable for others.
- Naturopathy is not suitable for medical emergencies. If you experience life threatening symptoms you must call 000 immediately.
Clients seeking my service should be interested in improving their health and should be willing to make changes to their diet and lifestyle.
Although naturopathy is suitable for all ages, my main are of interest is in treating adults. I am particularly interested in treating digestive and digestive related disorders (e.g. IBS, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, dysbiosis, intestinal hyperpermeability, SIBO, constipation, diarrhoea, fatigue, depression, anxiety, hay fever, eczema, allergies, reduced immunity) and factors that contribute to digestive disorders (e.g. diet, stress,
The content of this website is protected by copyright. No portion of this website may be copied or replicated in any form without the written consent of the website owner, Ann-Louise Barrett. This website is for personal, non-commercial use only, the content may not be sold or copied without written permission. The content of this website may be shared on social media only if it is linked back to this website (www.anniebarrettnaturopath.com.au) and my name is credited in the post.
I own the unregistered trademark Annie Barrett Naturopath. You may not use this name or its logo for any purpose without my express permission.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
In clinic consultations. I accept payment via cash or credit card at the end of the consultation. I may also accept payment via a direct bank deposit. At your request, I can issue you a Tax Invoice/Receipt via email after the consultation. All prices are inclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.
Online consultations must be paid for prior to the consultation. An invoice will be generated via Square and emailed to you to finalise payment
Payment plans may be available on request, please feel free to ask. If a payment plan is agreed upon, then 50% of your costs must be paid for on the day of the consultation. The remaining balance must be paid as agreed upon, and is based on the client’s individual circumstances.
Shipping and Delivery
As part of my treatment plan I may prescribe herbal or nutritional supplements that need to be delivered to you. The products may be:
- ordered via a third party website and sent directly to your address. A delivery fee may be charged, you will be advised of this at the time of ordering. This may occur for in-clinic and on-line consultations and home visits.
- prescribed from my own dispensary during an on-line or home visit consultation and delivered to your address via Australia Post at an additional cost.
- In-clinic consultations (Shop B/78-80 Bulcock St, Caloundra, QLD, 4551)
- Home visits
- Online consultations via Zoom. Please download Zoom here . I will send you a link prior to our on-line consultation. Please click on the link at the allocated date and time of our booking.
- For home visits and on-line consultations please ensure that we have a private space to undergo our consultation.
ORDER FULFILMENT POLICY for herbal and nutritional supplements
- If a herbal or nutritional supplement that I prescribed for you via a third party website is out of stock or discontinued I will amend your order to a product with similar ingredients and therapeutic benefits. This may result in a change of cost.
- If the products you receive from a third party website are damaged or incorrect, it is the responsibility of the supplier to organise a refund or replacement product.
- If any supplements purchased directly from Annie Barrett Naturopath are damaged or faulty, it is my responsibility organise a replacement or refund for the product.
CHANGE OF MIND
I do not offer a refund for change of mind so I encourage clients to choose carefully. This includes any herbal or nutritional supplements that I have supplied to you.
If the consultation did not meet your expectations please contact me for further discussion.
In the event of a minor problem please contact me and I will aim to rectify the situation as soon as practical.
Minor problems include:
Problem with herbal and/or nutritional supplements
- If you receive an incorrect or damaged item sent by myself (photographic evidence is required), I will arrange a replacement as soon as possible.
- You receive an incorrect or damaged item sent to you via a third party supply company (photographic evidence is required), it is their responsibility to organise a refund or replacement.
- You have issues downloading a PDF file containing health advice information or your individualised treatment plan. Please contact me and I will aim to discover the fault. If I cannot remedy the fault, I will email you the information you were unable to download.
- You have issues emailing me. Please contact me via the contact page on my website, or by phone or text.
- Loss of internet during an on-line consultation. We will aim to reconnect and continue our consultation. If this does not work, we may continue our consultation via phone (I will phone the client). There will be no loss of consultation time for the client. We may also reschedule the appointment to a time that suits both parties
- Issues connecting for an on-line consultation. We may perform the consultation by phone (I will phone the client), with no loss of consultation time to the client. Or we may also reschedule the appointment to a time that suits both parties
- Payment system is not working for whatever reason. A payment via direct bank transfer for the consultation and/or any products will be accepted.
Issues with the consultation
- Practitioner is sick or unavailable on the day of the consultation. I will aim to provide as much notice as possible and to reschedule the appointment to a time agreed on by both parties. If the cancellation is due to major illness of the practitioner, I will put the consultation on hold until I am fit to reschedule the appointment. If this is not agreeable for the client I can offer the client a referral to another naturopath.
- Consultations rooms are unavailable due to damage or are unsafe for use due to fire, flood or any other circumstance. In this situation I may perform a home visit at no additional cost to the client. If this is not suitable for the client, then the appointment may be rescheduled to a date when the consultations rooms are available.
I have a strict 24hr cancellation/no-show policy. If you need to cancel or change your appointment, please give me as much notice as possible.
- Late cancellation of consultation or no-show by the client. If you cancel your appointment less than 24hrs before the appointment or do not attend your consultation a 50% cancellation fee will be charged.
- Client is sick or there is an unforeseen emergency on the day, please contact me for further discussion. If you are too unwell to attend your appointment, but still want naturopathic support, an in-clinic consultation may be performed on-line instead.
In the event of a major problem please contact me and I will aim to rectify the situation as soon as practical.
Major problems include:
- Reactions to any prescribed herbal or nutritional supplements: It is the clients responsibility to notify me immediately if they experience any side effects or reactions to anything I prescribe, including liquid herbal medicines, herbal supplements or nutritional supplements. If you experience life threatening symptoms, such as anaphylaxis, you must call 000 immediately.
- In the rare event that any herbal or nutritional supplement have been recalled I will contact you immediately to cease taking the supplement and to follow up on any health concerns you may have regarding the recall. A replacement product will be supplied at no extra cost.
- As each individual responds differently to natural medicines I do not guarantee results or improvements in any condition or symptom. There is the possibility that there may be no improvement or even worsening of symptoms, I am not responsible if this occurs. However, I will spend time researching a new treatment plan if you choose to continue with my services.
- I aim to provide you with a timeframe in which you may see improvements in your health condition, however, as each individual responds differently to natural medicines I do not guarantee that this timeframe will be meet.
SPECIFIC TERMS OF SALE
All herbal and nutritional supplements provided are for you alone and are not to be shared with others, as this may put their health at risk.
Acceptable and respectful behaviour is expected with leaving any comments on anniebarrett.com.au. Any comments I deem rude, offensive or disrespectful will be deleted.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Any third party content that appears on anniebarrett.com.au represents their own opinions and not my own.
Jurisdiction & Dispute Resolution
Annie Barrett Naturopath is located in Queensland. This agreement is subject to the governing law of Queensland.
If you have any issue or complaint arising out of your use of this website or these terms and conditions, you and Annie Barrett Naturopath agrees to make a genuine effort to resolve the dispute through negotiation and discussion.
If we are unable to resolve a dispute by negotiation and discussion within 14 days, the parties must proceed to mediation with the assistance of an accredited mediator who is independent of the parties. The mediator is to be appointed by agreement of the parties or, failing agreement within twenty-one (21) days of the first notification of the dispute, by a person appointed by the Chair of Resolution Institute, (ACN 008 651 232, Level 2, 13-15 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000; telephone: 02 9251 3366, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Chair’s designated representative. The Resolution Institute Mediation Rules shall apply to the mediation. We agree to share the costs of mediation equally between us.
It is a condition precedent to the right of either party to commence litigation other than for interlocutory relief that it has first offered to submit the dispute to mediation. Litigation is to be considered a last resort and may not be commenced until, in the opinion of the independent mediator, the potential for negotiation and mediation have been exhausted.